Working in partnership with teams across the League, you will help prevent and alleviate animal suffering. Apply to join our fantastic team of Veterinary Assistants now!
Purpose of Position: Directly lead and provide oversight for the work of the Community Veterinary Service (CVS) Customer Service Representatives (CSR), ensuring compassionate and exceptional service experiences for our clients. This position also oversees the various levels of support that the CSR team provides to all the services within CVS, including the urgent care hospital, spay/neuter clinic, vaccine clinic and Metro Cat Street Team.
- Support the day-to-day work of the CSR team providing oversight, guidance and coaching.
- Identify, troubleshoot and elevate challenges to management.
- Utilize established SOPs to guide consistent and appropriate operating procedures and suggest changes when needed.
- Monitor data entry and documentation to ensure accurate records.
- Provide onboarding support and training to staff and volunteers new to the team.
- Provide input to managers regarding staff performance and process improvement.
- Manage emotionally difficult situations with strong communication skills.
- Collaborate with other organization staff, including other team leads, to address logistical issues.
- Model compassionate interactions with clients, animals and staff and create an environment where this behavior is normalized and expected.
- Approach challenging situations with a positive perspective, helpful attitude and flexible strategies, seeking the best possible experiences and outcomes for pets and clients.
- Work in partnership with site leadership to provide training and mentorship for associates who demonstrate interest and capacity to take on additional and/or higher-level responsibilities.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform daily work of the CSRs
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Leadership competencies apply to positions with direct reports or leadership over a function, organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Communication Skills
- Conflict management
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Provides direction to CSR team members
- Point of contact for CSR Volunteers
May require travel to different work sites
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Handle animals of various sizes, weights, and temperaments. Subject to animal bites or scratches. Work performed in high noise level areas. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, feces and bodily fluids. Physical efforts may occasionally require bending, stooping, standing, climbing stairs, and walking.
Shift Details: 40 hours per week, four 10-hour shifts or five 8-hour shifts
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Sabbatical program
- 401(k) with matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
Compensation: $22.50 – $23.65 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
- Strong desire to serve under resourced communities with respect and compassion
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to display professionalism
- Proven ability to lead by example
- Able to maintain positivity under stressful circumstances
- Experience mentoring team members and creating a positive team environment
- Comfortable being the “go-to” person on shift for problem solving
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to utilize effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years of customer service in a professional setting including supervisor or lead role experience
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
- Experience with developing and delivering staff training
- Professional experience in medical or veterinary setting
- Bilingual fluency speaking both English and Spanish