ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, develop, and manage volunteers; screen volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for volunteer positions.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage community outreach efforts including but not limited to initiating contact and building relationships with local businesses, schools, sports teams, etc.
- Maintain positive communication with HSWC patrons, volunteers, local organizations, and the general public to promote HSWC mission, goals, and programs.
- Develop and manage all social media outlets with an emphasis on promoting the HSWC’s mission and current programming, events and noteworthy efforts.
- Market and promote adoptable animals; ensure all animals have marketable photos and biographies in conjunction with other shelter staff.
- Work with the shelter leadership team to develop strategies promoting and placing our longest tenured/special needs animals.
- In conjunction with the shelter leadership team, identify and develop volunteer positions
- Onboard new volunteers, including managing volunteer orientations; work with the Behavior & Enrichment Supervisor to coordinate ongoing animal handling and animal enrichment training for behavior volunteers; work with shelter management and staff to ensure areas of need have regular volunteer coverage.
- Maintain consistent communication and engagement with volunteers; create and maintain volunteer training materials, informational handouts, guidelines, etc.
- Coordinate adoption and community engagement events, assist in coordination of fundraising events; ensure volunteer staffing at fundraising, adoption and engagement events.
- In conjunction with the Foster & Transfer Coordinator, develop and maintain volunteer policies and procedures reflective of current programming.
- Manage and maintain volunteer files in Volgistics database, including tracking volunteer hours, attendance, and assignment participation.
- Work in conjunction with the Foster & Transfer Coordinator to ensure foster-parent volunteer support in the absence of the Foster Coordinator; assist with basic foster parent needs including facilitation of foster animal drop-off/pickup and answering foster parent questions/inquiries in the absence of the Foster Coordinator.
- Assist Executive Director, Shelter Manager, Foster & Transfer Coordinator and other employees as needed; all other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit agency volunteer program, preferably animal welfare, is preferred.
- Previous animal handling skills preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to gain coverage through our motor vehicle insurance is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- We are seeking an innovative and creative self-starter who will focus efforts on engaging the community and implementing partnerships with businesses, schools, sports teams, etc., to develop collaborative programs that will benefit the animals of the HSWC.
- A positive outgoing compassionate individual with hands on ability, excellent proven organizational, management and leadership skills, and dedication to ensuring best practices are followed.
- Genuine passion for and commitment to animal welfare is required.
- An extremely high level of attention to detail is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media platforms is required.
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail is required.
- Ability to maintain professional rapport with HSWC staff, the public, and volunteers and foster parents is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
Complete job description available at www.weldcountyhumane.org/employment