Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot?
For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice. As an Animal Care Associate, you will be responsible for providing humane care for sheltered animals and maintain kennel facilities.
- Provide care, health, and handling of the animals.
- Assist with coordination of kenneling and movement of animals.
- Direct and provide guidance for animal care volunteers.
- Interact with other departments and assist with additional animal care services such as delivery of medication and treatment.
- Monitor and maintain food and supplies.
- Perform or assist with maintenance of equipment.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform euthanasia and related tasks.
- Perform data entry and documentation to update animal records.
- Act as a resource for volunteers by answering questions, providing training and coaching in the moment, and addressing concerns.
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- And more!
Compensation: Starting at $20.00 – $20.90 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with and handling animals in a shelter or similar environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to effectively communicate and work within a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to complete work without close supervision