Purpose of Position: Performs custodial work in public areas, staff areas and League grounds. Perform cleaning and light maintenance while also maintaining the supplies for those tasks.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- Clean and maintain all areas of League facilities
- Handle all trash collection including interior and exterior areas, recycling containers, and pet waste stations.
- Coordinate supply management including stocking bathrooms, animal rooms and ensuring adequate levels of food, cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Operate and perform basic maintenance on League cleaning equipment.
- Assist maintenance team with light maintenance tasks and larger projects to include replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, wall patching and painting.
- Trash removal and cleaning up of the grounds
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Occasional snow removal and light landscape tasks.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees and volunteers at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions.
Organizational competencies apply to all jobs at the League; position competencies are specific to this position.
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
- See Organizational Competencies
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Schedule: Full Time 40 hours working four, 10 hour shifts. This position does require working on the weekends.
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Sabbatical program
- And more!
Compensation: Starting at $20.00 – $20.90 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Performs work primarily in an office setting and around animals. Potentially prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Occasional lifting with reasonable accommodation. Will be exposed to the elements (cold, rain, etc.) while performing duties outside. Must be able to operate and push floor cleaning machine.
Ability to work independently while following specific procedures and protocols.
High level of personal responsibility, detail orientation, and punctuality.
Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to operate in a team environment.
Work Experience: None
Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: One year of building maintenance experience working with variety of custodial equipment such as floor machines and commercial steamers.