For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare.
Purpose of Position: Responsible for directing essential database and gift entry functions to ensure a standard of best practices in data entry and to lead implementation of data management priorities, including gift processing, acknowledgement and reconciliation to meet department revenue goals. Ensures productive and efficient departmental database processes to maximize resources and broaden fundraising capacity.
Gift Processing and Data Management
- Serve as back-up administrator to Donor Database Manager for all fundraising CRMs.
- Troubleshoots user issues, resets user access and passwords as needed.
- Control all activities related to gift imports into fundraising CRM from various sources, ensuring accurate and timely data entry.
- Review gift batches as needed to ensure quality, error-free input of gifts.
- Ensure accurate documentation and dissemination of the department’s gift entry and reconciliation procedures, recommend process improvements, and updates documentation to provide consistency in data entry.
- Provide coaching and training for CRM end users, temporary staff and volunteers
- Support Donor Database Manager in troubleshooting donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of consistently timely and accurate data.
- Handles workflow for gift entry to ensure timely gift processing and revenue reconciliation with finance department.
- Assure timely updates to donor information based on requests received by phone, fax, postal mail, email, or through the DFL website.
- Research and enter all workplace and third-party gifts. Maintain IDs and passwords for all sites.
- Ensure all necessary documentation/approvals are completed.
- Alert and provide details to fundraising team regarding large or unusual gifts identified during gift entry.
- Identify potential new major donor prospects during gift entry or database maintenance and pass on donor information to major gifts team.
- Develop and deliver clear, accurate and timely revenue, gift and donor reports and data as needed.
- Balance revenue financials for accounting.
- Record refunds, adjustments and write-offs in donor CRM as needed to balance with Accounting financials.
- Research and investigate discrepancies in revenue identified by Accounting staff to reconcile revenue.
- Ensure compliance for monthly and annual closing of the books plus documentation necessary for financial audits and IRS regulations.
- Independently resolve balancing issues, fixing donor records, conducting research as needed.
- Supports Donor Database Manager in researching and implementing new technology resources, and training end users.
- Supports cultivation and stewardship of monthly donor program by identifying new monthly donors and updating donor giving information as needed.
- Attend and assist with special fundraising events and activities.
- Plan for day-of and relevant follow up to assist with special events gift entry and registration.
- Ensure staff and volunteers are comfortable and aware of best practice data entry and have pertinent instructions.
- Act as a registration lead on the day of special events. Help to train staff and volunteers prior to event, serves as a the point-person during the event for any troubleshooting and/or questions that arise, and reconcile all transactions after the event.
- Assist with special projects.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Additional definitions for competencies may be obtained from Human Resources
Organizational Key Competencies
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Advanced Excel Experience
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- This position may require travel to different work sites
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Sabbatical program
- Relocation assistance
- And more!
Compensation: Starting at $24.30-$26.15 hourly (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Performs work primarily in an office setting. Potentially prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Occasional lifting with reasonable accommodation.
We will begin reviewing applications as they are received and anticipate closing the application period on January 25th, 2024.
Position Qualifications Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Gift entry and reconciliation experience
- Experience training end users on basic database usage
- Excellent computer skills, including a high level of proficiency with databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; prioritizing and managing multiple detailed tasks.
- Strong customer service skills and can-do attitude with an ability to remain focused and calm in difficult situations
- Ability to exercise complete discretion when dealing with confidential information
- High standards of excellence and commitment to honesty and accuracy
- Education: Associate degree or relevant experience
- Work Experience: Three years of experience with fundraising CRM and fundraising-related experience with a non-profit organization
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or EveryAction CRMs
- Experience with complex data querying, exporting and reporting
- Experience with selective data cleanup
- Experience with high volume data imports/exports
- Previous experience maintaining a large volume of fundraising and constituent data in a non-profit environment