Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice.
Purpose of Position: Serves as the digital content expert for the marketing & communications team in support of fundraising, marketing, and mission-related efforts of the Dumb Friends League.
- Research and share best practices and trends in social media, web design and content, email marketing and digital advertising.
Develop audience profiles, perform market segmentation research, and provide competitive analyses to improve marketing outcomes
- Manage and create digital advertising campaigns including strategy, budget, placement, audience, and reporting results
- Manage the social media strategy, content creation, posting schedule, and reporting for platforms such as, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Threads.
- Ensure content is in alignment with campaigns and other efforts
- Work with team members for content creation and developing integrated, strategic digital advertising plans
- Create and generate metrics and reports for various departments and marketing use
- Assist with writing projects for the website and email
- Gather data and analytics from all organizational websites as needed
- Assist other team members and departments in strategically developing copy for digital ads while following SEO best practices
- Monitor and evaluate departmental/area processes and procedures to maximize efficient uses of resources
- Manage inquiries and messages on League’s social media channels; assist in managing Share
- Your Story account for social media production
- Utilizes social media platforms to assist with official partnerships with sponsors and influencers as needed
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional, and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Additional definitions for competencies may be obtained from Human Resources.
Organizational Key Competencies
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Community Partnerships
- Conflict Management
- Financial Acumen
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Data Driven
- Planning and Time Management
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
This position may require travel to different work sites
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Sabbatical program
- And more!
Compensation: Starting at $23.40-$24.86 (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Performs work primarily in an office setting. Potentially prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Occasional lifting with reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge about SEO and SEM
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Education: Bachelor’s or related field or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: Two years of experience using web, social media, digital marketing, and fundraising technology tools
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None