For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our five facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. The League is seeking a Systems Administrator I to join our growing IT team! This position is the perfect opportunity for an energetic, inquisitive, eager learner who has a can-do attitude and seeks to expand their IT skills.
As Systems Administrator I, you will learn to be responsible for providing computer and telecommunication support and basic system troubleshooting for staff. You will also install and update software packages, create and maintain the computer active directory, outlook mailboxes and configuration and setup of our VOIP cloud-based phone system.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, a bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Technology or equivalent work experience, and at least 6 months of professional IT experience, assisting end-users with the resolution of computer and telecommunications issues.
Purpose of Position: The System Administrator I offers direct technical support to external users online, via telephone, and chat.
- Provide initial hardware/software/network problem diagnosis/resolution via telephone and/or in person for customer end-users.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors that provide hardware/software/network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User Access and Exit controls, including Active directory, Outlook and VOIP System.
- Use the vendor-based Call Tracking System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention.
- Work closely with help vendors and additional Technology team members in cross-training, development/implementation of operational excellence procedures, and fostering teamwork.
- Work closely with vendor and internal support staff to obtain technical knowledge and to permanently solve chronic problems.
- Manage mobile devices with Verizon and Jamf Now MDM for iOS devices.
- Offers basic application support.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Additional definitions for competencies may be obtained from Human Resources
Organizational Key Competencies
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Attention to Detail
- Managing Resources
- Technical Expertise
- Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Time Management
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- This position may require travel to different work sites
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Performs work primarily in an office setting. Potentially prolonged periods of sitting and repetitive motion. May work in an area with high noise level. Potentially subject to animal bites and scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Occasional lifting with reasonable accommodation.
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Sabbatical leave
- 401(k) with matching
- And more!
Compensation: Range between $24.30 – $27.00 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
- Good customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate independently
- The applicant will need to have some professional experience with networking systems, including managed switches and firewalls.
- Applicant will need to have some systems experience in active directory including basic group policy knowledge.
- Basic troubleshooting skills are expected.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Prior work and/or school experience within a relevant IT field
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record if driving a company vehicle
- Experience in VOIP systems a plus but not required.